> Home > Sedation
> Is It For Me
How do you know sedation dentistry is for me?
Dr. Magid will have a consultation with you to determine
whether you are a candidate for sedation dentistry.
Patients must be between the ages of 18 and 80 to
have sedation dentistry. We will perform a careful screening to
determine if you have any medical conditions that may prevent you
from being a candidate. We have found that several characteristics
apply to patients who benefit from sedation dentistry.
People who have....
• High anxiety about dentistry
• Traumatic dental experience in the past
• Difficulty getting numb
• A strong gag reflex
• TMJ troubles and cannot open their mouth for extensive
• Complex dental problems
• Very sensitive teeth
• Anxiety over needles, noises, or smells in dental office
• No desire for multiple visits
is sedation dentistry? • What
can I expect while being sedated? • Is
this like general anesthesia? • How
long will I be sedated?